In this episode of Unreported Europe, Euronews captured the dismantling of two wind turbines in Ghent by Business in Wind (the report starts at 1:50). Wim Robbertsen explained that at this moment about 80 percent of all the wind turbines we dismantle are being used as wind turbines somewhere else. But the other 20 percent is being recycled. That’s because it’s not economically feasible to use them again.

Want to get updates?

Follow us!